By using your Chris Reeve Knives product, you (the customer) are agreeing to be bound by the terms of the Chris Reeve Knives (CRK) Warranty as set out below. Do not use your product until you have read the terms of the warranty.
If a Chris Reeve Knives product fails to function as it was originally designed due to faulty workmanship or materials, such defects will be made good free of cost. This guarantee applies for the life of the knife. A knife must be in its original configuration to be eligible to receive warranty and/or maintenance services.
WHAT'S NOT COVERED
This guarantee does not cover natural materials, normal wear-and-tear, incorrect applications, neglect, abuse, misuse, modifications, or other examples including but not limited to:
- Lost or consumable parts such as screws, washers, or hardware, unless failure has occurred due to a defect in materials or workmanship;
- Cosmetic damage including but not limited to scratches, dents, faded anodized parts, or protective coatings that will naturally diminish over time unless failure has occurred due to a defect in materials or workmanship;
- Third party damage caused by use with a third party component or product that does not meet the CRK product’s specifications;
- Other damage caused by disassembly, accident, abuse, misuse (e.g. use as a screwdriver, pry bar, chisel or punch), or other external cause, including damage caused by excessive and/or aggressive blade flicking (rapid opening and closing of a folding knife);
- Damage caused by service (including "upgrades" and cosmetic treatments) performed by anyone who is not a representative of CRK;
- A CRK product that has been modified to alter functionality, capability, or cosmetic appeal, including but not limited to lock-bar adjustment, non-CRK factory supplied part replacement, anodizing and/or heat anodizing, sandblasting/bead-blasting, polishing, or any other form of resurfacing by a non-CRK employee;
- A CRK product outside of its original configuration assembled by a non-CRK employee, with parts outside of its factory original configuration, e.g. blade or hardware swapping.
- Retrofit or upgraded parts to fit the latest model. We reserve the right to change our product at any time to keep competitive in the marketplace and/or improve production methods.
HOW WE CAN HELP
Chris Reeve Knives may provide sharpening and repair services, whether or not your knife falls under warranty. Please note that some knives cannot be repaired and older models may not have replacement parts available, in which case, CRK will return the knife and you will pay the return shipping ($17.50/knife US Domestic). To get started, fill out a service form.
THE FINE PRINT
If your knife has been modified, misused, or abused outside of our shop, we reserve the right to refuse service. Should we agree to service a modified, misused, or abused knife but deem it unsafe for use due to modifications or damage, you must agree to forfeit the damaged or modified part(s) and agree to subsequent fees to bring your knife into our specifications in order to receive service. Modified, misused, or abused knives which have been deemed unsafe to work on or cannot be brought back into our specifications will be returned to the owner disassembled. We have examples of unaccepted modifications written within the above warranty. Unless servicing is required to fix faulty workmanship or materials, you are responsible for the cost of return shipping ($17.50 Insured US Domestic). If you live outside the US, here are Estimates for International Return Shipping.