As a Chris Reeve Knives Facilities Maintenance Technician, you will have a diverse and rewarding experience at a quality-oriented knife manufacturing company. Working as the go-to Facilities Maintenance Tech, applicants should be task-oriented and enjoy working with their hands. This is a part-time position with potential to move into full-time, based in Boise, Idaho.
Performs general upkeep and maintenance duties in buildings, adjacent walks, grounds, and equipment. Keeps machines in a clean, orderly and functional condition. Fabricates simple structures from either wood, metal or plastics. Provides assistance to employees, visitors, and contractors as necessary.
- The skills and knowledge required would generally be obtained with previous experience in building cleaning and maintenance work.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed oral or written instructions.
- Ability to relate to staff and the public in a courteous manner.
- Ability to acquire job skills with three months of on-the-job training.
- Ability to lift and carry objects weighing from 15 to 25 pounds.
- Ability to work occasionally in poor weather conditions, including heat, cold, rain, or snow.
- Ability to drive a forklift
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO
- Receives oral or written orders from Management / Leads.
- Performs work according to standard procedure and by building's operational schedule.
- Makes minor carpentry, electrical, mechanical and plumbing repairs.
- Can perform touch up and finish-painting in all areas of the buildings.
- Has the knowledge and ability to use welders.
- Able to fabricate using a multitude of materials.
- Has knowledge of machines and how to properly maintain them.
- Replaces both interior and exterior light bulbs.
- Clears snow from entrances and walkways.
- Follows all applicable safety rules and procedures.
- Reports work accomplished orally or through emails to Management.
- Monitors lawn sprinkler activity
- Participates in general cleaning, painting, and repair work.
- Uses hand tools and power tools in making minor maintenance repairs and maintaining grounds and walks.
- Checks building at the beginning and end of shifts.
JOB TYPE: Part-Time to Full-Time
REQUIRED EDUCATION: License or Certificate not required