Chris Reeve Knives is held together by a shared passion for precision, quality, and forward-thinking. You can see the results in our products. For over 30 years, our flagship, The Sebenza has seen a handful of developments and changes, but still maintains the same solid lock up, pristine finishes, and a worldwide reputation for manufacturing quality. We believe in treating every aspect of our business - from the back of the shop to the front - like a Sebenza: a constant challenge to bring quality, innovation, and excellence to our industry.
As a Hand Grinder, you will:
- Sharpen, polish, and hand grind profile details on knife blades
- Have an understanding of work orders or any other paperwork (i.e. drawings, specifications, etc.)
- Meet time and schedule standards for assigned work
- Perform non-grinding tasks when necessary.
- Maintain material inventory by checking items in and out and notifying when inventory runs low
- Maintain safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations
- Perform daily maintenance and cleaning on equipment
- Monitor parts and ensure machines are operating properly
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- A strong desire to produce quality products
- At least two years of experience in a production environment
- Strong hand-eye coordination and a love for working with your hands
- Stamina to work standing for long periods
- Exceptional communication skills and are comfortable receiving feedback
- Ambition to learn and grow from others
- Initiative to complete tasks independently, from start to finish
- A keen eye for detail
- Organizational and time management skills
- Familiarity with machine tools for grinding
The fine print: This job summary is intended to describe the general nature and level of work leaders assigned to this job perform. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities but provide a baseline summary. Full details of expectations and responsibilities will be provided upon hire.
- The prospective candidate must be able to pass a pre-employment alcohol and drug screening.
- A background check will be conducted.