As a Chris Reeve Knives CNC Operator/Machinist, you will have a diverse and enriching experience from the get-go. Your job will entail producing precision machined parts, while working with design, product development, and production side of a veteran knife manufacturing company. You will work hands-on in product development, blade, handle, and hardware production, and work with cross functional teams in communications, marketing, sales, design, and production. The job is a full-time position, based in Boise, and designed for those who are interested in a truly comprehensive business experience.
- Conceptual Skills
- Process Improvement
- Verbal Communication
- Functional and Technical Skills
- Controls and Instrumentation
- Supply Management
- Inventory Control
- Attention to Detail
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO
- Planning machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, orthographic drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Planning stock inventory by checking stock to determine amount available; anticipating needed stock; verifying receipt of stock.
- Programming mills and lathes by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs.
- Setting-up mills and lathes by installing and adjusting tools, attachments, collets, bushings, stops, and indicating fixtures and vices.
- Verifying settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample workpieces; adhering to international standards.
- Maintaining specifications by observing; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintaining safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintaining equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Maintaining continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Documenting actions by completing production and quality logs.
- Updating job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Accomplishing organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
JOB TYPE: Full-time
PROFESSIONAL LEVEL: Intermediate to expert
SALARY: Competitive, depending on experience
REQUIRED EDUCATION: High school or equivalent
PROGRAM LANGUAGE: Mastercam
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE: 3+ Years