As a Chris Reeve Knives CNC Grinding Machinist, you will have a diverse and enriching experience from the get-go. Your job will entail producing precision machined parts for a well-established knife manufacturing company. You will work primarily in hollow grinding production, though additional help in the Grinding Department may be required. The job is a full-time position, based in Boise, and designed for those who are interested in a diverse experience in machining.
- Conceptual Skills
- Process Improvement
- Verbal Communication
- Functional and Technical Skills
- Controls and Instrumentation
- Supply Management
- Inventory Control
- Attention to Detail
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO
- Perform typical machine shop operations.
- Detect and report defective materials and tools.
- Maintain work area and equipment in a clean orderly condition and follows prescribed safety procedures.
- Must be able to perform, but not limited to, the following tasks: milling, turning, drilling, tapping, de-burring, sawing and sanding.
- Perform inspection of machined products (First Article Inspection and In Process Sampling).
- Ability to use instruments such as preset comparator, gauges, calipers, micrometers.
- Complete and maintain paperwork for parts.
- Perform all other duties, as assigned, and demonstrate flexibility with changing work flows.
- Must be able to frequently lift/push/pull objects that are 85 pounds or heavier.
JOB TYPE: Full-time
SCHEDULE: Mon-Thurs 7AM-5:30PM or 5AM-3:30PM
PROFESSIONAL LEVEL: Intermediate to expert
PAY: Competitive, depending on experience. Benefits available after 90 days.
REQUIRED EDUCATION: High school or equivalent or graduation from certified technical school.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE: CNC/Programming experience and 4-6 years of machine shop experience