As a Chris Reeve Knives CNC Operator/Machinist, you will have a diverse and enriching experience from the get-go. Your job will entail producing precision machined parts, while working with design, product development, and production side of a veteran knife manufacturing company. You will work hands-on in product development, blade, handle, and hardware production, and work with cross functional teams in communications, marketing, sales, design, and production. The job is a full-time position, based in Boise, and designed for those who are interested in a truly comprehensive business experience.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Planning machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, orthographic drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Planning stock inventory by checking stock to determine amount available; anticipating needed stock; verifying receipt of stock.
- Programming mills and lathes by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs.
- Setting-up mills and lathes by installing and adjusting tools, attachments, collets, bushings, stops, and indicating fixtures and vices.
- Verifying settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample workpieces; adhering to international standards.
- Maintaining specifications by observing; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintaining safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintaining equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Maintaining continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Documenting actions by completing production and quality logs.
- Updating job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Accomplishing organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Job Type: Full-time
Required education: High school or equivalent
CNC Machining: 1 year
CNC Machinist: 1 year
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
For consideration, please prepare a resume and cover letter with your most recent work experience and unique qualification and apply using the Chris Reeve Knives Employment Application.
Get product news, insights, and happenings from Chris Reeve Knives.
© 2017 Chris Reeve Knives. All rights Reserved.